Thursday 30 September 2010

Agnes Water & Town of 1770

Am sitting in sunny Agnes Water right now at the 1770 Backpackers enjoying my midterm.. :) Why, why, why do I have to go back to the city?? I want to stay here!

This backpackers feels like a luxury hotel after our night in Bundaberg haha.. We went surfing yesterday which was really fun (3 hour surf-school for $17!) and today was spent on a tiny secluded beach a short boatride from the 1770 marina. The only bummer is that it is SO windy, so we can't go diving as the currents are too strong and the visibility won't be too great :( This midterm will be my only chance to dive on the Great Barrier Reef so I'm reeaally hoping that the wind will die a little so we can go diving before the week is over!

Last night I finally saw my first kangaroos and wallabes - and they were not in a zoo ;) We did a sunset tour with a guy called Paul, who took us all over the peninsula here to look at the roos, and finally to a lookout spot where we could see the sun set over the water (one of 3 places where you can see that here on the Australian east coast). The trip was rounded off with a cold beer on the rocks by the bay as it got dark outside - so lovely.

I'm seriously wishing I didn't have to go to class for the rest of my time in Australia. I'd love to just do the rest of my assignments online and stay here in Agnes haha! But the week will have to end, unfortunately.. such is life. But until then, I'm going to enjoy every last minute of this place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment