So that's why I decided to start this blog a few months before my actual departure. Here's what I've been up to from beginning to end, complete with tips and lists for all you who will be in the same position as me, and who are dying for some more information..
First up: the application to Malmö University for nominations. The deadline for this if you want to study outside of the EU is the 15th of October! Our class only really realised what applications we needed to fill in, as well as when the deadline actually was, about 2 weeks before it. We were also in the middle of a big assignment in class, so those last few days were pretty hectic! So make sure you do the application on time! Just a little tip ;)
After a few days of confusion we finally found the pages that listed what we needed in our applications, so to save you a little headache and a lot of time, here they are:
In short, just so you don't miss anything, this is what you need:
- Statement of Purpose: I thought this was kind of tricky to write so I asked Frida (from the year above me at DVK and who also went to Brisbane) if i could take a look at hers.. You can see mine here if you need help with yours too :)
- LADOK-printout in English.
- Study Plan for every university you want to apply to (The form is available for download from the Bilagor-link above, or directly here.)
- Proof that you speak fluent English. (A copy of your high-school grades in English A & B or TOEFL / IELTS results are fine.)
- CV in English, max an A4 page.
- A copy of your online application, available from the Utbytesstudier-link above. (Or directly here.) A little tip about this one, make sure you've researched all the Universities well before you do this step, because once you've filled it in, you can't change it..
THREE copies of your entire application need to be handed in to the coordinator at your faculty. For us at K3, that was Kristina Regnell - we simply dropped it into her mailbox in the staff-room. I got my nomination-letter in the mail a few weeks later.
If you have any questions about anything, the international coordinator at K3 is Anders Høg Hansen. You can find him with the other staff in D123. You can also e-mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your question is specifially about Australia, e-mail Anna Skarpeke who is in charge of the students going to Aus and NZ: email@example.com. And if all else fails, all the contact-people from the International Office can be found here.